Once you sign up for Autobooks, we will begin the process of setting up online payments for your business. This process typically takes 1 to 3 business days from the time your account is created until your business is fully enabled for online payments. By fully enabled, we mean your business has the ability to accept both online bank account (ACH) payments as well as card-based (credit/debit) card payments.
How the process typically works is as follows:
- You sign up for your Autobooks account
- Our Accounting Team begins reviewing the information you entered for your business during the sign-up process
- There is the possibility that they may need to validate some of this information before we can finish the setup process
- In this case, please be on the lookout for a call and/or voicemail from a member of our Accounting Team to review the information you provided
- Once this information has been verified, you can expect two separate automated emails from Autobooks within that 1 to 3 business day window:
- The first will most likely be to let you know that your online bank account payment (ACH) method has been successfully configured
- The second will most likely be let you know that your card-based payment option (credit and debit cards) has been enabled
- Typically the online bank account option is able to be verified and set up more quickly than the credit/debit card option
- After receiving both of these emails, your account will be fully configured and you'll be able to start accepting online payments!