Autobooks gives you the option to easily set up a recurring invoicing rule so that you can create an invoice once for your customers and then have it send out without having to do anything else!
You can get to the 'Recurring Invoicing' page by going to Cash In > Recurring Invoices
Doing this will take you to the 'All Recurring Invoices' page, where you will be able to see all of the recurring invoices that you've created, along with the ability to Edit or Pause a recurring invoice. Once you're on this page, you can click the 'Add Recurring Invoice' button to start this process.
Add Recurring Invoice
- First, select a customer from the appropriate drop-down menu
- You can click the light blue [Add Customer] button if you need to add a new customer
- Next, you can choose to enter a memo if you would like
- After this, you will need to select the frequency that this invoice will be sent out at:
- For both Weekly and Bi-Weekly, you will then need to choose the day of the week that you would like this invoice sent out on
- For monthly, you will be asked to choose a specific day of the month for the invoice to be sent on
- Once you have chosen this, you will next choose the date that you would like this recurring invoice to start with the 'Start Date' option; please keep in mind that this start date will depend on what you selected for the 'Frequency' option.
- What this means is that if you choose a start date of 4/11/18 (a Wednesday), but have this recurrence set at weekly on Fridays, the first instance will actually be sent on 4/13/18, which is the first Friday after the recurrence has been created.
Based on the above choices, you will see in grey on the far right of this row the first and next few send dates.
- After this, you will need to choose how long after the send date the invoice will be due with the 'Payment Due' field. So if you would like this invoice to be due 10 days after it's received, you can set this option to 10.
You can also review this after you've updated the 'Payment Due' field by clicking the [Preview] button to view the invoice preview, which shows the due date of the first instance.
- Next, you will choose how many times you would like this recurrence to be repeated, either by a set number of times, or until a set future date.
- The next line of this is the exact same as a standard invoice, where you choose a Product/Service and enter in a description and dollar amount.
Finally, once you click the [Save Recurring Invoice], this recurrence will be saved and then the invoice will be automatically sent at the appropriate time.