Clicking on the Refunds link will take you to the All Refunds page. This page shows all refunds that were issued to your customers, either via check or online refund. Since there are two separate processes for the two types of refunds, we will be covering each of those individually: Online Payment Refund & Check Refund. Now on this page, there are a few different actions that you can perform:
The default sorting order is by the creation date of the refund, but you can sort by any column on this page. You can do so by simply clicking on the column name that you would like to sort based upon. Please keep in mind that depending on your sort order, the refund you would like to view may not be on the first page.
Once a refund is issued, it will automatically show up on this page. The Date column will be the date that this refund was issued. The 'Amount' column corresponds to the dollar amount that will be refunded to the customer in question.
Cancelling a refund will prevent the customer it was originally issued to from receiving those funds back. Additionally, it would prevent the payment from being lifted off of an invoice (if it had been applied against an invoice). An example of need to cancel a refund would be if one was accidentally issued to the wrong customer, or the wrong payment was refunded.
*Please keep in mind that a refund can only be cancelled before the processing process has begun. This process typically begins around 7 PM EST (8 PM CT) and happens Monday - Friday. If a refund is still able to be cancelled, there will be a red 'cancel' button next to that line item.
- Next to any refund on this page that can be cancelled, you will see the red 'cancel' button.
- Clicking that button will bring up a prompt asking if you are sure that you would like to cancel this refund, as this will prevent the transferring of funds back to the customer who initially submitted the payment.
- If you would like to continue, you just need to click the button labeled [Yes, Cancel the Refund] to finish this process.
- If you do not want to void this refund, you can either click the [No, Return to List] button or the small [x] in the upper right corner of this prompt.
- Once you have cancelled the appropriate refund, it will no longer show up on this page. (If you did not cancel the refund, you should still see it on the All Refunds page.)
- You're all set, the refund has been cancelled!