The Quick Bill Pay page is an easy-to-use and dare we say quick way to pay your bills through the application! This page allows the scheduling of one-time payments to one or more vendors at a time; this page also only allows for the coding of one Category per bill. To learn more about what a Category is, please click here.
Now in order to navigate to the Quick Bill Pay page, you will need to take the following path:
- Click on Cash Out > Bills
- Doing this will take you to the All Bills page. From here, you can either click the Quick Bill Pay button in the upper right of this page, or the Related Link at the top of the page.
Once you have made it to this page, the Quick Bill Pay process is relatively straightforward:
- Select a cash account that you would like this bill to be paid out of; since this application is linked directly to your business account with your financial institution (bank or credit union), you will see the same accounts you have with them here.
- Next, select a date. This is the date that you would like the bill pay process to begin for that specific transaction; therefore if you keep the default date (today), this bill pay transaction will being processing today.
- Please keep in mind that bill pay processing begins daily (on business days) at 4 PM EST. Therefore if you are in the system creating bill pay payments after this time, the next available date to schedule a payment will be the next business day.
- Once a date has been selected, you will want to select a vendor to pay.
- After choosing a vendor, you will need to select a Category to code this bill against.
- Finally, you will want to enter in the amount that you would like to be paid to the vendor.
- Once you have completed the whole line, you can either click the green [Add Item] button to add another bill to pay, the red [x] button to delete a specific row, or the [Schedule Payments] button to schedule the bill pay transaction(s).
After you've completed the above steps, you're all set! Depending on the vendor being paid, they will either be paid electronically, or via a mailed paper check. Typically, larger vendors tend to be paid electronically, while smaller businesses may be paid with a paper check. A quick way to tell this is by looking at the 'estimated arrival date' of the bill pay transaction when scheduling it. Electronic payments will typically arrive within two business days, while mailed bill pay payments tend to take between 4 and 5 business days.