The All Credits page is where you can see all credits that have been issued to your customers. There are a few different actions that you can perform from this page:
The default sorting order is by the creation date of the credit, but you can sort by any column on this page. You can do so by simply clicking on the column name that you would like to sort based upon. Please keep in mind that depending on your sort order, the credit you would like to view may not be on the first page.
Once a credit is created, it will automatically show up on this page. The Date column will be the date that this credit was entered into the application. Two other columns worth noting are the Amount Credited and Amount Unapplied columns. Amount Credited refers to the total amount of the credit. Amount Unapplied refers to the amount of the credit that has not yet been applied to an invoice. This will be $0.00 if a credit has been completely applied.
Voiding a credit will remove that amount from the corresponding customer's account as an amount to apply against an owed balance. An example of need to void a credit would be if one was accidentally created for too small or too large of an amount. Only administrators of your business' account can cancel a credit.
- Next to each credit on this page, you will see a red [x] button next to that specific item.
- Clicking that button will bring up a prompt asking if you are sure that you would like to void this credit, as this action cannot be undone.
- If you would like to continue, you will first need to select a reason for the cancellation of the credit. This is merely for reporting purposes (so you can look back on this cancellation in the future and remember why it was cancelled).
- After selecting the appropriate reason, just click the button labeled [Yes, Cancel the Credit] to finish this process.
- If you do not want to void this credit, you can either click the [No, Return to List] button or the small [x] in the upper right corner of this prompt.
*Please note that the 'Notes' column has been removed in order for the above screenshot to fit the dimensions on this page.